Thursday, February 5, 2009

Huipil Collar Mirrors

Believe it or not, mirrors like these are the very first idea I had for the huipil collars, but I'm only now starting on them. The wood circles and 7" mirrors were things I couldn't seem to find in Antigua.

I've made two mirrors so far, using collars that I've been hanging on to for more than a year. A lot of the thick collars like these are cut from huipiles made in the town of Almolonga. I like how they're turning out... The collars are so vivid, they're just screaming to be used in craft projects!



This post featured on Fiber Arts Friday!

3 comments:

Cherry Lane Jane said...

wow they are so bright and vivid! great idea for using them as mirrors

Hugs,Liz:)

Deb said...

Erin- are you selling them? Everytime I visit and Bug is sitting with me, he tells me that he needs to buy them.

This is bad that I am letting the 3 year old make shopping decisions for me. Although he does have exceleent taste.

Love to you,
Deb

Alpaca Farmgirl said...

Love these! So bright and cheery. Thanks for participating in Fiber Arts Fridays at www.alpacafarmgirl.com!
Your work is a great addition.